Skip to main content
Good morning world.A little how I started my day. I awoke this morning to birds singing outside my bedroom, as the morning progressed the birds song where being drowned out by the neighborhood awakening. ai then lay by my wife and justed touched her arm as she slept. Time to get up. I think that just starting a new vitamin regimen two days ago. I have been having trouble with pain from eyeballs down through my neck and into my shoulders. Yesterday I had pain behind my eyeball most of the day. My energy levels have been really low for last 10 days, and I had to figure it out. So I thought it could be Low "T", so I did some research on the web and came across "TEST X180", I started taking it with fish oil. I have to say today is my best day in a while. I even jumped a little rope, just long enough to show Savannah how, Too cool. That was fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The making of a sphere jig for the wood lathe, on the fly.

Aluminum block on wood lathe.  My goal is to create a sphere jig, (sounds so much better than a ball jig). First things first, I bought the One Way drill jig at the symposium, in Phoenix this year, with the thought of mounting a router. I never thought I would be using it on aluminum. This picture shows my first attempt at making a "T" washer to use to bolt the sphere jig. The second picture has the jig repositioned, parallel to the bed ways, I like this position much better, as it allows me to plunge to the depth I require. Then I reposition it, toward the center by + 1/8" or so. Also you need to play with the speed of the lathe. I believe I was some where around 250-300 rpm. This piece is a cut off, I never measured the thickness. it is just thicker than the 2 enclosed bearing I plan to mount. Also it's thicker because I wanted to add girth, to ensure more rigidity. This picture show the center knocked out. I used the router to go as thin a...
Wow I can not express the excitement I am enjoying in the creation of this piece. The final is a donated scrap of ivory, hooray. I have never turned ivory before. Truly something special. This vessel, is a song ebony and ivory. With bloodwood ( may represent blood once spilled). Ivory is for purity and a change of sadness. Ebony, once known in ancient Egypt as farrows gold. For me I find that I like the depth of this gaboon ebony, black is also known to  absorb the negativity of evils.         I like the thought of it.                                         This is story about the spirit of joy, housing the special meanings, you wish to keep near. Stay tuned for the next update, there are few more surprises, inside and out, Wow I can't wait. Turning Ivory

Experiment in turning wet wood, finishing while wet.

Day 8 I lost track for a couple day. We had a show in Wickenburg AZ.. The temperature was in the low 80's. This bowl, that I suppose to be babying for the best condition for non-cracking. oh well the the hills with that. I had this bowl out in the heat for two days ( in the shaded area of the tent).  Look what happen. For almost three days I forgot it, due to a commercial job, locked away in a plastic storage box, along with other pieces we had for sale. Moisture dropped by 7% Here is the view of the bottom, after I added more shellac/alcohol mixture. While I was at the show, so far so good.  Here is the latest view of the interior with what looks like the same crack as we started with. Well look here the weight has also decreased Day 3.  Held with vacuum chuck. I looked at the bottom and decided it was way too thick. I turn the inside, after remounted it in the chuck, and fond it still to be pretty true. A surprise... This is the first tim...