Skip to main content

Pigment Lacquer finish, thoughts

? I just finished applying pigmented lacquer to a bench. I can tell you, first you must start with a fine sanding. Paying attention to end grains. I started with white pigmented sanding sealer. I must tell you the finished product will look and feel better when you apply enough sealer, so that it, (the sealer) looks like the finished product. Then you can apply the final color. off white to bright red. Make sure that the Atomization is to stay wet.  
good luck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The making of a sphere jig for the wood lathe, on the fly.

Aluminum block on wood lathe.  My goal is to create a sphere jig, (sounds so much better than a ball jig). First things first, I bought the One Way drill jig at the symposium, in Phoenix this year, with the thought of mounting a router. I never thought I would be using it on aluminum. This picture shows my first attempt at making a "T" washer to use to bolt the sphere jig. The second picture has the jig repositioned, parallel to the bed ways, I like this position much better, as it allows me to plunge to the depth I require. Then I reposition it, toward the center by + 1/8" or so. Also you need to play with the speed of the lathe. I believe I was some where around 250-300 rpm. This piece is a cut off, I never measured the thickness. it is just thicker than the 2 enclosed bearing I plan to mount. Also it's thicker because I wanted to add girth, to ensure more rigidity. This picture show the center knocked out. I used the router to go as thin a

Home made deep hollow system and bar

An Update of events happening at Gallery DuMaurier

Favorite lathe chisels  Gallery DuMaurier Bainbridge Pear, Big Leaf Maple Burl, Buckeye Burl& Box Elder Setting Nichols lathe Fresh Olive  Entering two of my works in two Arizona shows Pen and pencil set Buffalo horn and Ivory GOT IRONWOOD