Skip to main content

Preparation of my creative process to reach a path of manifestation, a new branch.

Preparation of my creative process to reach a path of manifestation, a new branch, from an old seed.
Where do I start? I guess from the first relocation I can muster. From the time of my early 20's. I had a dream, a plan that when I reached an age some where in my mid 50's, my old man stage. Well here I am.
I had a vision that would start to develop my skills as a sculptor.  At this age, in my 20's I was drawing a lot, and one of my favorite sketches was that of women torso's. I then had the idea that wouldn't it be just great if I would to carve a woman's torso from purple heart. Well I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I first decided that while I would love to see this torso manifest into reality from purple heart, this wood is very hard, and the difficulty is very high. well I I have not ruled it out. I needed a place to begin, so I have been collecting female nude photos, to form a copulation of different size's and position to form a plan of attack. I have not started to draw yet. Some how I find it difficult to locate the many sketch books I know I have.
The idea is to sketch and form the basis for the wood form. I want to create a from in movement, with full breast of course hanging from gravitational pull, while portion of arm and legs are in the motion, representing running or something close (crawling, yoga pose) to that. Please have patience, for this may take some time... to be continued...  I am excited, it's a great feeling to be excited again....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The making of a sphere jig for the wood lathe, on the fly.

Aluminum block on wood lathe.  My goal is to create a sphere jig, (sounds so much better than a ball jig). First things first, I bought the One Way drill jig at the symposium, in Phoenix this year, with the thought of mounting a router. I never thought I would be using it on aluminum. This picture shows my first attempt at making a "T" washer to use to bolt the sphere jig. The second picture has the jig repositioned, parallel to the bed ways, I like this position much better, as it allows me to plunge to the depth I require. Then I reposition it, toward the center by + 1/8" or so. Also you need to play with the speed of the lathe. I believe I was some where around 250-300 rpm. This piece is a cut off, I never measured the thickness. it is just thicker than the 2 enclosed bearing I plan to mount. Also it's thicker because I wanted to add girth, to ensure more rigidity. This picture show the center knocked out. I used the router to go as thin a

Home made deep hollow system and bar

Turnings. A wood adventure